Full width home advertisement

Kids Menu

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

LemonGrass Chicken

It has been very long I kept this recipe in my blog as draft.  When first I tried this recipe we were so hungry and I don't have time to snap any picture of this.  My son and my hubby really loves it.  It's so wonderful and yummy.
After dinner I straightaway typed the recipe in my blog as save as a draft.  I can post it because there was no picture.  After that I totally forgot about it. 
Each time when I wanted to do the recipe I will google to find.  However to my dissapointment I couldn't trace back.  
After so long I open my blogger  to save some nice and tested recipes.  Then only I realize this lemon grass chicken which I'm looking for so long was already been jotted down. If I'm not mistaken this recipe was named as Vietnamese Lemon grass chicken.  Please refer to the recipe below and all the credit goes to the person who shared this before. 
1/2 kg chicken
10 bird eye chillies
5 stalk lemon grass
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp black pepper powder
Salt
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp sugar
1 onion
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp lime juice
Preparation method:
Clean the chicken and wash with little turmeric powder.  In this recipe i used organic chicken which is easier to clean cause less fat. Keep the chicken aside. Blend the lemon grass with 6 bird eye chillies.
Now marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, blended lemon grass, turmeric powder, black pepper and salt. Marinate for 15 minutes.
Heat the coconut oil in a heavy bottom pan. If you do not have coconut oil alternatively you can use any vegetable oil.  Add in chopped onions. Sauté till translucent. 
Add in marinated chicken. Cook in medium heat since we don't add water and to prevent the chicken get burnt.
Add in Salt and fish sauce.  Since we are adding fish sauce reduce the amount of salt.  Give a quick stir.  Close with the lid.  Cook about 10 minutes till chicken is fully cooked. Once a while stir the chicken. After 10 to 15 minutes open the lid. Add in lime juice. Stir for few seconds.  Remove from the stove. 
Serve with white rice.  Hmm.. It's so yummy.  I did not really remember where I got this recipe from.  Till today I could not trace back the source.  Luckily I kept this in my diary. Anyway thanks to the person who share this recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib